Monday, November 17, 2014

Second Observations

Phil Bagsby

Dr. McFarland

Botany 111 003

17 November 2014


While observing my MicroAquarium this past week I was a bit disappointed to find that activity is beginning to slow, and live organisms are becoming much less prevalent. There were still several green alga such as Closterium, as well as a few Cyclidium moving about the ecosystem.

Most all of the activity has transferred from the bottom of the aquarium towards the surface. I found several carcasses that had settled to the bottom which I believe were from Lecanes. My assumption that this was the reason for activity shifting towards the top of the MicroAquarium.

Due to last week being my first observation, prior to the initial set up, I was not able to watch the growth and progress of my MicroAquarium. With my first observation being during, what I believe was, the peak of activity and life within the ecosystem I found the drastic difference from last week to this week very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment